school tool report bullying my school bucks facebook twitter
Health Services Home
Internal Medication in School


If it is necessary for a child to take internal medication (prescription or non-prescription) during school hours:

  1. The family physician or licensed prescriber must submit a written request to the school health office. This request should contain the diagnosis, the name and dosage of the medication, the frequency, time of administration, and duration.
  2. The parent or guardian must submit a written request to the school health office.
  3. The parent or guardian must assume responsibility to have the medication delivered directly to the health office in a properly labeled, original container (i.e., prescription bottle or original over-the-counter container). Medication should not be transported daily to and from school. Parents should ask the pharmacist for two containers—one to remain at home and one for school.
  4. The medication will be kept in the health office and administered by, or under the supervision of, the school nurse.
  5. Medication forms may be obtained from the school nurse in each school.
  6. Authorization from a child’s physician for “standing orders” for over-the-counter or prescription medication (for example, Tylenol, asthma inhalers) must be submitted at the beginning of each school year.

Our Schools

District Info


Homer Central School District
Ms. Nancy Ruscio, Superintendent

80 South West Road
Homer, NY 13077

© 2014 Homer Central School