2019 Science Olympiad
On Saturday, Jan. 26, 16 students from the Homer Central High School traveled to Lemoyne College, where they competed in the Midstate Regional Tournament of the New York State Science Olympiad!
Students competed in 23 different events that incorporated challenges from multiple scientific disciplines. At the conclusion of the competition, Homer’s team finished 11th out of a total of 38 teams, and took home medals for the following challenges:
- Astronomy (Ben Herman, Teddy Mercer)
- Duct Tape Challenge (CJ England, Vinny Swinnich)
- Dynamic Planet (Andrew Fagerheim, Allison Thompson)
- Geologic mapping (Ellis Han, Grace Jacobi)
- Protein Modeling (Shenequa Perry, Rachel Sahm)
Congratulations and way to go, participants!