WELCOME TO MRS. FELDMAN'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF ENGLISH
HOW TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN ENGLISH CLASS!
Students will be evaluated throughout the school year using various tools and methods. Our English class will be focusing on reading, writing, and speaking as a way to improve students' academic achievements in English as well as across the curriculum. Students will be assessed by their positive participation during class, which includes the following:
2. Class Work (on time to class, prepared, doing what is asked, effort)
3. Accountable talk- an activity that requires students to share ideas, ask questions, and further develop what others in the class have said. The "talk" is accurate and relevant to the issue and topic to promote learning and reflecting.
4. Formal Writing Assignments- PUBLISHED WRITING PIECES MUST BE TYPED
6. Tests/Quizzes- Fridays are typically reserved for spelling/vocabulary quizzes
7. Quarterly Assessements- covers all literature and grammar learned during the ten week marking period
Homework and Writing Assignments:
1. All homework and writing assignments are due on the date assigned during class. Any assignment handed in by the end of tenth period (2:56pm) of the due date can receive no grade higher than 50%. When the student becomes aware that a published paper cannot be handed in on time, or not typed, the student needs to speak with the teacher prior to the due date.
2. Follow 7B's guideline for homework due when absent, in addition to known extended absences.
You are required to have:
1. One notebook for class notes (three ring loose-leaf binder or a notebook plus a folder for handouts).
2. Every student should have several pens on hand at all times. Borrowing pens from classmates is permitted, but looked at as an interruption, so borrow all necessary materials before entering the classroom.
3. It is highly recommended that you have access to a thesaurus (online is fine) for all writing assignments (journal entries, formal essays, short responses, and projects). A big part of English class this year is to improve and build vocabulary, which in turn will improve your writing and reading comprehension. 4. Be sure to keep current with all reading and writing assignments.
Please speak with me the moment an issue arises. I am here to help you achieve your best!